Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ready To Roll

As we speak, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are preparing for spring practice, and not a moment too soon. In light of last weeks post(s) I'm excited to say that something will be getting done on a football field to help prepare for the 2008 season. We'll also be able to get our first look to see how Bo Pelini's strength and conditioning along with getting a glimpse of his staff's gameplan in it's infancy. Depending on the media access to spring ball will dictate how much I'll be able to disclose on this site, along with some other "sources" obviously.

I was hoping to make it up to the Touchdown Club's practice viewing on April 12th one week before the Spring Game, unfortunately (for my Husker fanhood) my wife and I will be moving that weekend and my request to travel from Kansas City to Lincoln, Nebraska two weeks in a row were met with an immediate "no" from the love of my life. So, no inside look at practice, training facilities, players or coaches from me this year. Not that they'd be willing to give anything up to me anyway, I just like feeling important. Fortunately I won't miss out on the luncheon before the game with Tom Osborne and Pelini which should be a great experience. Yes, this is me shamelessly schilling for the Touchdown Club in order to recruit any potential members that may read this blog. Sue me, it's a fun thing to belong to if you're a big Husker fan.

Getting back on track, there will be a ton of questions coming out of Lincoln now that the basketball season is basically over. Not that it had an impact, Nebraska is a football school. Always has been, always will be. But the buzz around town with the job Doc Sadler is doing with hoops in Lincoln is causing a stir and some much needed support and attention. Tonight the Huskers defeated the University of North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers in the first round of the NIT. Nebraska will now travel to play Ole Miss in the second round. Now with Doc and company out of town and spring practice starting in five days roughly, all eyes will turn to Lincoln in the state of Nebraska.

Pelini is having a great impact on his players and in the short amount of time he has been there, players like Larry Asante are already buying into his way of doing things. Check out the linked story on the Lincoln Journal Star for more information.

Asante Sold

No comments: