Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Putting Money Where My Mouth Is

This weekend I got the crazy idea that it would be a sound investment to donate money to the University of Nebraska Athletic Department so I could someday get season tickets. I looked into all the ins and ous' and realized that this is something I would love to do. I maintain a blog on the football team, should be a no brainer right?

What could be better than season tickets and donating to a program that I love? Well, getting my Mom in on it as well to double up our money and accelerate the process of course! We have a ton of family that has gone to Nebraska, my uncle played for them in the 70’s under Tom Osborne and my cousin married former Husker receiver Bobby Newcome. I never wanted to name drop on here, but I was huge fan before that last point took place anyway.

So my good Mom agreed and we will now be giving some of our hard earned money to get some season tickets someday. I’m sending in our waiting list application tomorrow. It should be interesting to see exactly how far down the list we’ll be before we get our shot. But until that time, I’m sure we’ll be able to get tickets at a reasonable price through the couple of contacts that we do have.

So, wish us luck. Hopefully we’ll get our tickets before my Mom and I are too old. Not that Husker tickets are like being on the waiting list for Packer tickets, thank God.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You're NEVER too old for NE Season Tickets!!!!