Friday, November 9, 2007

Fantastic Voyage

Yes, this weekend I will become a glutton for punishment. I will transcend into a masochist for an afternoon. Tomorrow I will get in my car, pay too much for gas and drive to Lincoln, Nebraska. Why would someone who loves his precious weekends spend the time and money to go and knowingly watch his team lose? I guess I'm either a schmuck, or a huge Huskers fan despite the worst season anyone in my family can remember.

I still think there is a slight chance they can defeat the Kansas State Wildcats. Last weekend the Cats were handled rather easily by the previously winless in the Big 12 Iowa State Cyclones. So I'm not saying it's a sure thing, because K-State has the ability to take the Huskers out 'behind the woodshed' and go to town.

Hopefully I won't come home with Nebraska at 1-and-6 in the conference.

No comments: